Dell Venue 8 7000 – the world’s thinnest tablet is only 6mm in thickness, was launched in September last year. It went on sale in the US earlier this year. Now the company has launched it in India with a price Rs. 34,999.
The Dell Venue 8 7000 comes with an 8.4-inch (2560 x 1600 pixel) OLED display and is powered by a 2.3GHz Intel Atom Z3580 processor with PowerVR G6430 GPU. It has an 8-megapixel rear camera, two Intel RealSense Snapshot Depth Cameras for depth mapping, measurements and 3D editing and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
The back of the device is made of metal and glass. It was launched running on Android 4.4 (KitKat), however now it runs the latest Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS.
Dell Venue 8 7840 specifications
- 8.4-inch Quad HD OLED display
- 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution
- 2.3GHz Intel Atom Z3580 processor
- PowerVR G6430 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32GB ROM, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 8MP rear camera, two Intel RealSense Snapshot Depth Cameras
- 2MP front camera
- Dimensions: 215.9 x 124.2 x 6.1 mm
- Weight: 305g
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 5670mAh battery