D-link DWP-156 Wireless Data Modem USB Card, got listed in e-commerce online site amazon, with a tag price Rs 999 only for India.
According to the official website of D-link, the DWP-156 also features 3.75G mobile protocol, lets you take your broadband connection with you wherever you go.
The D-link DWP-156 boasts a maximum of 14.4 Mbps download speed, whereas DWM-156 sports only 7.2 Mbps downlink. Both the Dlink’s modems supports 5.76 Mbps upload speed in HSUPA network.
The DWP-156 adapter has built-in drivers and software to provide immediate access to data and SMS functions. Compact USB-powered dongle uses an internal antenna and requires no batteries or cabling, means it is plug and play device.
The DWP-156 modem sports GSM/GPRS/EDGE : 850/900/1800/1900 MHz and UMTS/HSUPA : 850/1900/2100 MHz or 900/1900/2100 MHz frequency bands.
The DWP-156 dongle has built-in standard 6-Pin SIM card interface, alongside a memory card slot. Storage can be upgraded up to 32 GB via an external microSD card.
The main features and specifications of D-link DWP-156 Wireless Data Card :
- System requirements: Windows XP and above, Mac OS X 10.4 and above
- SIM or UIM support: Standard 6-pin sim card interface
- Network type: GSM, EDGE, GPRS, UMTS, HSUPA, HSDPA
- Maximum download speed of up to 14.4 Mbps
- Bandwidth: UMTS(3G): 850MHz, 900MHz, 1900MHz, 2100MHz, GSM (EDGE/GPRS): 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz
- Memory support: microSD card, 32 GB
- External interface: USB 2.0