Shutdown process in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 is totally different from the previous version of Windows OS. Every person is not convenient with shutdown process of Win 8 and Win 8.1.
You can create shutdown button in your Windows 8 and Win 8.1 OS in two ways. Microsoft has added a unique feature in Windows 8.1, called it SlideToShutDown. Go to C:\Windows\System32 and right click on SlideToShutDown.exe and select “Pin to Start”.
If you want to use this SlideToShutDown from taskbar then create a shortcut on the desktop. Right click on the shortcut and select pin to taskbar. Now you can easily shut down your Win 8.1 OS from the taskbar itself.
Another Method to Shutdown the Windows 8 and 8.1 :
1. Right click on your Desktop free space and select New and then Shortcut.
2. In the location box type shutdown -s -t 0 and click Next button. Optionally you can add -f to force shutdown.
3. Type any name for the shutdown.
5. If you want to push it to start, then right click on the shortcut and select “Pin to Start”.
6. Now, you can shutdown your Windows 8 or 8.1 PC from start screen also.
If you want to customize this Shutdown for the better look, then right-click on the shortcut which you have created and go to its properties.