Windows 10 offers to sign in via Microsoft account, however, you can also use a traditional local user account to use the operating system. Some features like Sync can only be used with a Microsoft account, but almost all features are available in local account users.
If you don’t want to use a Microsoft account to sign-in Windows 10, you can always create a local user account to use the Windows 10.
How to Create a new local user account in Windows 10?
There are two methods through which you can create a new local user account in Windows 10.
Using Settings app:
1. Open the Settings app by clicking start menu or simultaneously pressing Windows logo and I keys.
3. Click Family & other users from the left side pane.
4. Under Other users sub-section, click ‘Add someone else to this PC’.
5. Under “How will this person sign in?” screen, click the link labelled “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information”.
6. Under “Create an account for this PC” window, fill the information like username for your account, password, re-enter the password to confirm the same, type a password hint.
If you don’t want to secure your account, you can leave password field blank.
7. Click Next button.
Now a new local user account will be created in Windows 10 PC. Sign out from the current user and login with a new user account.
Using Command Prompt:
If you are unable to create a Local User Account using above method, then you can try command prompt method. This works under all versions of Windows.
1. Click “Start” and search box type “CMD”.
From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt (Desktop app) and choose “Run as administrator”.
2. If UAC (User Account Control) prompts, then click Yes to run command prompt.
3. Type the following command under command prompt window:
4. Press Enter from the Keyboard to open “User Accounts” window.
5. Click “Add…” button.
6. Under “How will this person sign in?”, click the link “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information”.
7. Under “Add a user” page, click “Local Account”.
8. Now fill the required information, then click Next button.
Now you have successfully created a new local account. Log-out from the current user and sign-in to your new user account.