Microsoft Windows operating system comes with inbuilt copier handler. But, it transfer rate of the data from one device to another device is slow, hence you need to get a third party tool, which can perform faster.
Copy Handler is a free utility for Windows, which allows you to take full control over the file copy and move operations. This program is highly customizable and fully integrates with the operating system. In addition, Copy Handler offers many advanced options such as task queuing, filtering files according to specific criteria, pausing and resuming copying files operations, changing the copying parameters on the fly and in many cases also offers a significant acceleration of the entire copying files process.
Copy Handler works with all major version of Windows, including Win XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, both 32 bit and 64 operating system. Presently, its latest version 1.32 is available and the same can be downloaded from the download link which is provided at the end of the article.
Like TeraCopy, Copy Handler is also a free tool and have various options like : pause, resume, restart, cancel, remove, pause/all, resume/all, advanced, cancel/all, remove/all, restart/all.
Copy Handler is highly customisable software and you can utilize it as per your need.
The main features of Copy Handler :
- allow you to full-control over the copying or moving process by pause, resume, restart and cancel features
- copying files faster than default MS Windows copying program
- fully customizable
- multiple languages supported
- auto-resume on error, shutting down system after copying finished to very detailed and technical (customizing copy/move thread – buffer sizes, thread priority, …) ending on sounds on specific events
- provides detailed information about copy/move process (current file, buffer sizes, priority, progress by size and visual bar, status, current and average speed, time elapsed/left, …)
- can automatically resume all unfinished operations when system starts
- limiting count of simultaneously processing tasks (copying/moving) – tasks are set into a queue and are processed in order it was inserted into queue
- after installation, it integrates with system – adds additional commands to context menus of folders and drag & drop menus
- this program is open source and freeware