Novatel Wireless is a popular manufacturer. I had previously shared details about Novatel Wireless Ovation MC679 4G LTE USB Modem. In this article, I am going to show “How to Connect Internet in Novatel Wireless 3G Modems to Macintosh OS X v10.5.x (Leopard) with Apple Drivers”. Novatel Wireless 3G modems comes pre-loaded with Max OS X drivers, hence I will guide you further, to setup the connection in Mac OS Leopard. If any software or drivers updated will be available on official website, then it will be shared in future also.
How to Connect Internet in Novatel Wireless 3G Modems to Mac OS X (Leopard) with Apple Drivers :
1. Power on your Apple computer and insert the modem into the computer interface.
2. The modem will be automatically detected by Mac PC.
3. Select System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
4. Click the Network button in the System Preferences window.
5. If Novatel Wireless HSDPA or HSUPA device shows in interface list on the left of the screen, skip to next 9,
otherwise click on ‘+’
6. Select the Novatel Wireless CDMA from the Interface pulldown.
7. Now change the default Service Name and Click Create.
8. Now create a configuration.
9. In the Network window, select Advanced to configure Modem to connect to network.
10. Here, Click the Advanced… button. Change the Vendor to Novatel. Click OK. Again, Click the Advanced… button. Change the Model to GSM. Click OK.
11. Click the Apply button and close System Preferences.
Now, you have successfully created internet connection setting in your PC. Now, its time to connect to internet. Click the WWAN icon in the menu bar and select Connect… to connect to internet and if already connected to internet then Click the WWAN icon in the menu bar and select Disconnect…