Unlike the previous version of Windows, in Windows 10 you can not find build and version of installed operating system by simply going through “This PC > Properties”. You will get only Windows edition, 32-bit or 64-bit, and activation status information. This is the only place, where we try to find out maximum information about our operating system.
But, this time, Microsoft has decided to shift this information in another place. If you are using Android and iOS devices, you can find out the build number and version details in the ‘About’ page of the ‘Settings’ app. In a similar way, Microsoft has shifted this information in About section of settings.
How to check Build number and Version of installed Windows 10 OS?
1. Click on “Action Center” icon from the taskbar and then click “All Settings”.
2. Click on ‘System’.
3. Under System, click on ‘About’.
On the right side, you can find the Version and OS Build.
How to check Build Number of Installed OS in Windows 7 / 8 / 10?
1. Open the Run box by pressing Win+R key simultaneously.
2. Type “winver” and click OK.
3. It will open the “About Windows” page.
4. Just below the Microsoft Windows, you can find the Built number, e.g. 10240.