Huawei V4 devices IMEI can be changed / repaired using the command. But what about if you want to change the Serial No. of Huawei routers / modems, or want to repair lost serial No. of the devices.
In this post, we will see how to change / repair lost Serial No. of Huawei V4 devices (E5577, E5578 etc).
How to change / repair Serial No. of Huawei V4 devices (E5577, E5578 etc)?
- Detect the device under DC unlocker tool.
Note: Replace the “datalock code” with 8-digit code of according to your IMEI. Press enter from the keyboard. Response from the DC unlocker app should be OK, means you have entered into the security part of the device.
Now again type the following command :
AT^NVWR=6,16,HEX (with Spaces)
When full command is ready, just press Enter from the keyboard.
3. Response will be OK.
Now you have successfully repaired the device.
How to generate the HEX code value corresponding to the serial No.?
- Download Hex Editor Neo (It is free of cost for personal use).
2. Install in PC and run it.
3. Click File > New.
4. Here you will get two parts. On right side when you will type, it will keep converting its Hex values in left side.
e.g. we are typing SL489L and it is converting the values to 53 4c 34 38 39 4c
5. Once you have typed it, you have got the Hex values in left side.
6. Keep left mouse pressed and drag it to select the Hex values.
7. Now right click and copy it.
8. Replace the above command with your Hex values.
9. Now use the command.
A big thanks to Koushik Kodali for sharing this knowledge.