The BlackBerry Leap official announced at the company’s MWC 2015 press conference.
The 16GB internal storage is further expandable with up to 128GB of microSD card. It measures 144 x 72.8 x 9.5 mm and weighs 170 grams. It packs a non-removable 2,800 mAH Li-ion battery, and is rated for up to 25 hrs of usage. It runs BlackBerry 10.3.1 OS.
The Leap houses an 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED flash. It is able to record 1080p videos at 30fps, features 5x digital zoom and 2DOF video stabilization. There is also a 2 megapixel fixed-focus camera is available at the front, that features 720p HD video recording and 3x digital zoom.
In terms of connectivity options, the BlackBerry Leap include 4G LTE, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, hotspot, FM Radio and LED indicator. It boasts Accelerometer, Proximity and Ambient light sensors. The phone will launch in April with a contract free price of $275. However, it is available for pre-register from today.
BlackBerry Leap specifications
- 5-inch HD touch display
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolution / 294ppi pixels of density
- Qualcomm MSM 8960 1.5 GHz processor
- 2GB RAM / 16GB ROM
- 9.5 mm thickness / weighs 170 grams
- 2,800 mAH Li-ion battery
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED flash / 2 megapixel fixed-focus camera
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, hotspot, FM Radio and LED indicator