Windows 10 is one of the best operating system ever made, but the Microsoft is collecting a huge amount of data from your computer. The firm is collection data for services like ‘Cortana’ to work efficiently on your computer and provide you suggestions as well as solutions based on your computer usage. Most of us, don’t want to share personal and private data, but by default Windows 10 collect data of your PC. You can manually disable them by making changes in settings, registry, group policy editor etc.
Ashampoo AntiSpy for Windows 10 brings all such settings in one place that lets you change the Windows 10 Privacy settings in a few mouse click. With the help of this freeware tool, you can configure some privacy settings and also prevent Windows 10 from collecting and sending diagnostics as well as other data. This program is exclusively designed for Windows 10 and will not work on any older versions of Windows like Win 7 / XP / Vista / Win 8.
When you run Ashampoo AntiSpy for Windows 10, it offers you to create a system restore point.
You should always create a system restore point, before making any changes in Windows PC.
With the help of Ashampoo AntiSpy, you can disable / enable the following settings in Windows 10:
- Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps
- Turn on SmartScreen Filter to check web content (URLs)
- Let the website provide locally relevant content by accessing my language list
- Send Microsoft info about how I write to help us improve typing and writing in the future
- WiFi Sense
- Enable Notifications
- Automatic driver update
- Location of this device
- Global location features are enabled
- Let apps use my camera
- App connector is allowed to use your camera
- Microsoft Edge is allowed to use your camera
- One Note is allowed to use your camera
- Let apps use my microphone
- Microsoft Edge is allowed to use the microphone
- Windows Voice Recorder is allowed to use the microphone
- XBox apps are allowed to use the microphone
Windows and Cortana
- Speech, inking, and typing (Windows and Cortana)
- Microsoft Application Telemetry
- Microsoft Inventory Service
Let apps access my name, picture, and other account info
- The App Connector is allowed to access your contacts
- The Mail and Calendar app are allowed to access your contacts
- Windows Shell Experience is allowed to access your contacts
- Let apps access my calendar
- App Connector can access my calendar
- Mail and calendar app can access my calendar
Let apps read or send messages (text or MMS)
Let apps use radios (i.e. Bluetooth) to send and receive data
- Let your apps automatically share and sync info with wireless devices
- Let apps use Cruzer Force
- Cruzer Force apps – Microsoft Phone Companion
- Lock screen camera
- Handwriting data sharing
- Microsoft One Drive
- Microsoft steps recorder for error reporting
- Windows Customer Experience Improvement program logging
- Windows update sharing
- “Do Not Track” in Microsoft edge browser
As you can see there are a lot of modifications can be done through AntiSpy freeware software. You have just toggle the settings and it will be applied in your Windows 10.
Win.Privacy, O&O ShutUP10, Win10 Privacy, Win10 SpyStop, Win10 Security Plus, Windows Privacy Tweaker, Ultimate Windows Tweaker, and Win10 Wizard are other freeware that is focused on Windows 10 privacy & security. You can download AntiSpy from here.