The Acer Liquid Jade Z features a 5-inch HD (1280 × 720 pixels) OGS IPS display based on Zero Air Gap technology with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The phone houses a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture and Acer Bright Magic. It runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) OS which is further upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop. While there is also a 5-megapixel front-facing camera on-board for selfie and video chatting.
The device is powered by a 64-Bit 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6732 processor and features 4G LTE.
The company says, AcerEXTEND will enable users to take full control of their smartphones via cable or wirelessly using their Windows-based PC, typing with their keyboard, using drag and drop and rich sharing – taking the multitasking experience to the next level. AcerNAV is a free offline navigation software powered by TomTom and utilizing TripAdvisor POI, gives Acer Liquid smartphone users the flexibility to navigate without any data plan at home or abroad.
The Acer Liquid Jade Z comes with Mali-T760 GPU and also coupled with 1GB of RAM. The 8GB of internal storage is further expandable with an external microSD card. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and GPS. It is backed by a 2,300 mAH bttery.
Acer Liquid Jade Z specifications
- 5-inch IPS OGS touch display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1280 × 720 pixels resolution
- 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6732 processor
- Mali-T760 GPU
- 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM
- Android 4.4 KitKat, upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop OS
- Dual SIM (4G LTE+GSM / dual nano) with dual standby
- 7.9mm thick / weighs 120 grams
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1080p HD video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and GPS
- 2300mAh battery
The Acer Liquid Jade Z will be available in black and white variant colors and is priced at 199 Euros (Roughly US $ 220 or Rs. 13,730). It would roll out in EMEA starting from March, 2015.